Monday, March 3, 2014

Posted by CheapRunnerMichelle

Wow...March oh man...time really does fly by. I hope ya'll had a great weekend - I sure did and for that reason - I have decided to participate for my 1st time ever in

So here are a few marvelous things that have happened in my life over the past week

While spending the day with my little man we got to go visit our friends new baby. Jackson absolutely loves babies and he was soooo excited to get to hold her

Even though by the end of class Mike and I both felt like puking - it was nice to get back to BodyPump - and even nicer to be able to attend with my hubby

Getting to sneak out for a late night app and drink date with Mike on Friday night. It's always nice when we are able to get some downtime with just the 2 of us

Getting to spend Saturday night celebrating with this beautiful young lady (our niece Molly) for her 3rd bday!...and getting to head to the cottage for the night, since that's where her party was

....not sure that I'll be thinking that this is so marvelous the closer I get...but I took the plunge...and signed up for the 1/2 marathon this year (something that I said I wouldn't do for a local race)... Boy oh boy...what have I gotten myself into?!?

Thanks Katie for hosting today!

And after the conversation we had the other week about haters I'll leave you with this today

So tell me something you did this weekend

Anyone racing in March? If so what race?
I'm doing Around the Bay...a 30k race...for the 1st time ever I am planning on doing a walk/run program for that race, since this will be a new long distance for me

Favourite cereal?

1. I think its great that your husband goes to the class with you. I need a partner in crime to help motivate me!

2. Love me some BP! I need to get back - I'm debating btwn that and bootcamp this week!

3. I love that last picture and quote - so funny!!!
    Glad that you and Mike and a date night and then good times with your kids over the weekend.
    We went to a formal Saturday night - fun times.
    Favorite cereal - Ohs

4. Amy @ fitnessmeetsfrosting.comMarch 3, 2014 at 3:31 PM

Hahaha that last meme. Pictures of kids holding babies are the best kinds of pictures. They get me every time! So sweet that you and the hubs go to class together! I need to find one that works for both my boyfriend and my schedule!

5. katie @ fromicecreamtomarathonMarch 3, 2014 at 3:33 PM

The pic of Jackson with the baby is adorable!! I'm SO excited that you signed up for that half! I'll be thinking of you now while I'm running my 100. :) Love that last quote. So true!

6. Yes - It's nice to find a "group" class that a guy can be comfortable in

7. ooohhh...I haven't tried the bootcamp, but the gym does offer it - maybe I might have to try it out sometime!

8. The schedule is the killer...Monday night is the only one that we can both fit into our schedules for the week

9. So cute right :)
    aaahhh - we talk about your 100 miler all.the.time. (is it bad if I admit I'm nervous for you?!?!?)...BUT I can't wait to hear all about it!

10. katie @ fromicecreamtomarathonMarch 3, 2014 at 6:46 PM

Haha! That's not bad at all! Thank you! :)

11. Cecilia @ MommiesRunMarch 3, 2014 at 8:18 PM

Aw that picture of Jackson and the baby is adorable! I'm trying to decide about running a half in March. I'm completely untrained but feel like I could pull it off.

12. workout w/ your hubs, date night, birhday party, and signing up for a half... sounds like a fabulous weekend <3

13. Fit &#39;n&#39; Well MommyMarch 3, 2014 at 11:28 PM

A date night sounds so nice! I look forward to a date night with my husband once Mirella is a little older!

14. Heidi @ IdlehideMarch 4, 2014 at 6:19 AM

Your little guy and Mike are basically twins. Do you love that? When people tell me that Tate is a little Kenny is makes me happy. Date nights are so nice to get in, so happy you guys had a good one. Body Pump is killer eh? (in a good way)
    Fave cereal? I picked up a new organic crunchy kind at Costco and it's delicious and high (ish) in protein and fibre. It's called Heritage and it's in a brown box:)

15. ...Thank-you...but I have a 30K to get through first....aaahhhh....what have I gotten myself into?!?! Lol

16. Yes...I guess for now - you'll have to settle with a little tag-along on your dates :)...hope you're enjoying your new addition! She is so beautiful!

17. It's totally true....everywhere we go everyone calls Jackson mini-Mike. Seriously I had a hard time walking up and down stairs for the next 3 days after that

18. Okay my first comment didn't go through for some reason, let's try this again!

Love that you and Mike can do classes together, good couple time and workout time in one. Jackson looks adorable holding the baby, seriously super cute.

I did ATB 30k last year, I hear they changed the course for the better this year but I can't be sure. I was planning on doing it again but we are going to be in Toronto that weekend for a long overdue romantic getaway which obviously is going to take precedence over the race. Funny how you live with someone but sometimes feel like you don't get time with them! A weekend away should do the trick!

March racing for me is a 5 miler and a half marathon!

19. Sounds like a simply amazing weekend, for sure! I spent most of the weekend resting up because I came back from Disney sick! Boo. :0( Feeling better now, though!

20. A 30k sounds fun!!! More snow fell this weekend which makes for staying indoors! Wahhhhhh

21. Seriously...when is this winter going to end?!? I cannot wait to get off the treadmill and back outside running

22. How did Around The Bay go? I was there across from Dundurn Castle with my daughters cheering everyone on.

23. honestly...for was miserable...I had been sick leading up to it, and my body just did not want to co-operate that day :(
    ...but I finished it (that's the only silver lining I can