And the winner is.....
Please email me to cheaprunnermichelle (at) 3cheaprunners (dot) com and I'll send you your code for your race entry! Congratulations!!! And for those of you who would still like to do a Spartan Race, later on this week we'll have a discount code for you under our deals page.
Back in the summer when I was celebrating my bday, I had decided that I would do a "34 Bucket List"...since we are more than 1/2 way through the year till my bday again, I figured that I better revisit those goals that I set for myself, to see how I'm doing. So let's recap:
1. Run 1,200 km...I've still got a long way to go with this one, but I am convinced once our weather co-operates and I am able to start running outside again, my mileage will increase.
Sign up for 2 more 1/2 marathons so sorta...I signed up for the FCRR 1/2 marathon this year and although I have not signed up for another 1/2 I am signed up and running ATB next weekend, and that's a 30k race...so I am going to give myself credit for that and day that I have completed this goal
3. Sign up and complete a min. of 2 duathlons - I am not officially signed up yet but Mike and I are currently figuring out logistics of which triathlons we are going to participate in this year
4. Go to Key West...sadly I don't think this one is going to happen :(
5. Save $ for our trip to Hawaii...so far so good. T minus approx. 12 months...the kids are already asking if they can come with us....ummmm....no ;)
Eat at an iHop got to do this on our trip to Chicago back in October
Go on a date night with my hubby once a month although a lot of our dates end up at the gym - we really look forward to working out together and then grabbing a martini to top off date night
Take the kids swimming at least twice a month we have really been as a family trying to take advantage of going to the Y together, and outside of their swimming lessons, we on average have been taking them swimming 1-2 times per week!
9. Organize and purge all of my clothes...has not happened yet...but I've continued to "add" to my closet (totally the opposite of what I should have been doing)
10. Take more pictures of my kids...I tend to go in spurts with this...but good news for me that my kids like taking selfies
Read a book a month since I set this goal I have been probably averaging 2-3 books per month...way better then the big fat 0 I was reading before
12. Go zip-lining...I actually forgot about this one...
13. Add at least 3 more cups (from different city's) to my Starbucks collection...I'm 1/3 of the way there...this has proved to be more difficult then I originally thought
14. Bake with the kids...nope...has not happened yet, but looks like we might have to do this within the next week since J has to do this for his homework for school
15. Get a massage...has not happened yet
16. Visit my mom more...I definitely think that I have been way more consistent with spending time with her
17. Play volleyball...has not happened...BUT I saw the other night at the Y that they have a drop in league on Monday nights, so I will need to check that out
18. Try a new-to-me food...I am pretty sure I have done this, but the meal does not come to mind, so I'll leave this one the list
19. Be present with my kids while they are kids and do my best to raise them to be responsible, happy adults...being present is something that I have really been making a conscience effort of...by putting the electronics away, so I am not distracted when we are spending time together
20. Do an un-assisted pull-up...nope...have not even worked on this
21. Host a games night party...I went to a games night...does that count...lol?!?
22. Start a "my favourites" girls night...have not had the 1st one yet, but I am looking forward to putting something together
23. Write up a bunch of blog posts to have ready for when we are on vacation...we were able to get some awesome blogging friends to do guest posts for us while we were away!
Book an all inclusive vacation for February...and it was awesome!!!!
Meet up with blogging friends in Chicago when we are all there for marathon weekend in October
26. Reach my Louis Vuitton weight...I am currently really focusing on this, and have finally decided to take it seriously...so this one is a work in progress
27. Ride my bike to work...has happened...but not for a number of months now...come one spring weather
28. Go to Cedar Point...not yet
29. Go to a concert...hmmm...I forgot this one was on the list too
Sign up for a family membership at the YMCA...and get lots of family use out of it Yup!
31. Do core/ab work 3 times a week...has/is not happening. This is one that I should really start working on
32. Run a 5km in 28min...does 28 and change count?!?
33. Finish a 1/2 marathon in 2:30...I have succeeded on the treadmill...now my goal is to be able to meet this time at the Niagara Falls Women's 1/2 marathon in June
34. Take a girl's weekend trip...hmmm where do you want to go Rhoda?
How are your goals going so far this year?
What's your favourite day of the week?