In honour of July being National Ice Cream month – I though we’d do a little pop quiz today…ready…here we go….
- The origins of ice cream date back to a dish made of koumiss (heated, fermented milk), flour and camphor from which country?
- The ice cream sundae was popularized at soda fountains during the 1880’s. In what year was the ice cream cone first patented?
- Grocery stores didn’t start selling ice cream until the 1930s. The leader of what country banned the product because it evolved into a quasi-American symbol?
- The Dairy Queen was established in 1940 in Joliet, Illinois. Of the more than 5,700 franchise restaurants worldwide, the world’s largest is situated in Saudi Arabia. Where is the world’s busiest DQ located?
a) Costa Rica
b) Cayman Islands
- It was once illegal to serve cherry pie and ice cream on a Sunday in which state?
- Which is the most popular brand of ice cream in the United States?
c) Ben & Jerry’s
d) Blue Bell
- Match the strange ice cream flavour to the country of origin:
c) Pineapple Shrimp
d) Fox testicle
- In 1943 who became the world’s largest manufacturer of ice cream?
b) U.S. Armed Forces
c) Coney Island
d) Salvation Army
- Tom Waits and Van Halen both recorded a song titled “Ice Cream Man”. What Canadian ballad belter recorded “Ice Cream”?
a) Sarah McLachlan
b) Anne Murray
c) Celine Dion
d) Jann Arden
- Which one of the following is not an actual “ice cream” film?
a) The Wonderful Ice Cream Suit
b) An Ice Cream & Nice Dreams
c) Ice Cream, I Scream
d) Ice Cream Man
Tell your answers below!
What’s your favourite flavour of ice cream?
Cookies ‘n cream