In honour of #tbt…I thought we’d have some fun and do a little throwback Q & A
1. What year were you born in?
I was born in 1979
2. Do you have any pictures of yourself from when you were younger?
I personally do not have any in my possession, but I do know that my mom has some albums at her place from when we were younger.
Boy oh boy…how things have changed – I don’t have any albums of my children; all of our/their pics are stored digitally.
3. What TV shows did you grow up watching?
Here are some of my favorites….Father Dowling Mysteries, Murder She Wrote, Matlock, Knight Rider, MacGyver….and I guess not much has changed ‘cause I still enjoy watching these shows…lol (for all of you wondering…yes I am an old soul)
4. What did you want to be when you grow up and do you still want to be that?
To be honest with you…I never had a “vision” of what I wanted to be…all I knew is that I wanted to love what I did…you spend so many years of your life working, and I did not want to be miserable for 40+ years doing it. I do (most of the time) love my job. I love the diversity of it – sure there are aspects of it that are not so fun, but it’s a great “industry” to be part of. I have been at my “career” job and place of employment for the last 15 years, and quite honestly, I don’t really picture myself anywhere else.
5. What were your favorite toys to play with?
Pound puppies, Lego, my little pony, cabbage patch kids and of course Barbies
6. What’s the most embarrassing thing that you can remember doing?
I can’t believe that I am actually going to admit this, but one time I peed my pants (on purpose), all because I did not want to loose a tetherball game
7. Three songs you loved to listen to as a child.
I don’t know that I actually have any particular “songs”, but I grew up listening to Colby and Salty (Children’s Christian tapes)
8. Tell a funny story of something you remember happening when you were young.
I am not sure that I would call this “funny”, but I remember one time…I was about 4 years old, I got myself out of my seatbelt in the back seat of the car, opened the back door to the car and held on to the handle ‘cause I thought it would be a fun ride….my dad did not quite agree with my idea of fun
9. Are there any special things you’ve kept from when you were a child?
I am not very sentimental…so no I have not kept anything. My parents on the other hand held onto all of our old toys, and kept them for my children to play with
10. How is the world now different from how it was like when you were a child?
The one word that comes to mind – Technology. I my house – we did not even have a computer until I was in high school. I had a cell phone before my parents ever did (‘cause Mike bought me one for my 20th bday)…now we have laptops, iPhone, iPads…I can only image what my children are going to have in the future
…Your turn…pick a few to answer, and comment below