Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Taper Time and Upgrading

Posted by CheapRunnerRhoda

I have been taking it easy on the running this week in order to taper off for the Niagara Falls Women's Half Marathon - June 1, 2014.  I did a couple easy 5 km’s and have been taking those opportunities to realize that I really do love running! My mindset is so different when I don’t have to worry about time or pace. I am thinking after Sunday’s race that I am going to take some time off from races and get my love of running back to full force! Life has been a little tumultuous lately and I think I need some time to regroup and recharge before I think about racing again. With that being said, I have no goals for Sunday’s race but to finish! I know it will not be my fastest time and will most likely be my slowest time so I am accepting that right now.

clip_image002

Well today is the day I am upgrading!

I decided to purchase a new vehicle. The for sale sign went on my car last night and today I go to pick up my new wheels! I have been thinking about it for a while but was thinking I would wait until the new year. A couple weeks ago I decided to just go out and look and see what I thought of the vehicles I was contemplating! Well, shopping around can be dangerous and it proved to be just that. I ended up landing a deal that I just couldn’t say no to so last Friday, I went ahead and made the deal!

clip_image004

Just kidding! This may be my next car though (in my next life)!

Here is what I really got…

clip_image005

Just as schweet, right???!!!

2014 Ford Escape. This is not my vehicle but one very similar!

I am uber excited! Out with the old and in with the new!

Have a great day everyone!!!

Do you take breaks from racing? How many races do you like to do per year?

Purchase a new car lately? Whatya get?

12 comments:

1. So exciting about your new car!!!
    I have the 2013 Ford Flex (it's 2 years old now!) and I love it!!!
    I don't race a lot (hardly ever actually) and I just kind of go with how I feel on the racing thing.

2. CheapRunnerRhodaMay 28, 2014 at 12:37 PM

Oh that is good to hear about your car Kim! I like your approach to racing :)

3. Heidi @ www.idlehide.comMay 28, 2014 at 12:50 PM

Nice!! We got a '13 Santa Fe last August and we love it. We test drove the escape and liked it, but it was a higher price at the time. Beautiful though, and Ford has really improved their media in the past few years. I always end up taking way more time off after a race, but this year, I have a half a few weeks after my full so no excuse this year ;)

ReplyDelete
  4. Love your new whip!! haha looks like it will be a fun ride!
    Have fun at your upcoming half!!

5. CheapRunnerRhodaMay 28, 2014 at 3:29 PM

Thats so interesting. The Santa Fe was a higher price here. Funny how that is...
    Yes, this half is coming 4 weeks after my first full and I don't think I allowd myself to recover properly before running again so make sure you allow time for that.

6. CheapRunnerRhodaMay 28, 2014 at 3:29 PM

Thanks Chelsea! Looking forward to my new ride!

7. katie @ fromicecreamtomarathonMay 29, 2014 at 9:02 AM

When I saw the pic of the first car I was about to be so jealous!! Lol! But I love your Escape too. Good luck at your half on Saturday. I seriously want to do that one next year, that is already in my plans!

8. CheapRunnerRhodaMay 29, 2014 at 10:15 AM

Ha ha no need to be jealous Katie! My new car is pretty sweet though.
    You totally should do it next year. I am already planning on signing up again!

9. Amy @ fitnessmeetsfrosting.comMay 29, 2014 at 4:04 PM

So exciting about your upcoming race and the new car!!!! I will not be purchasing a new car any time soon (hopefully don't have to) because I won't be able to afford it once my boyfriend and I buy a house haha. I wish I could do a ton of races throughout the year! I just love the atmosphere!

10. Kristi@BlogforanAverageRunnerMay 29, 2014 at 6:24 PM

Looking forward to hearing about the Niagara Half Marathon - it is one I would like to do sometime. Best of luck!

11. CheapRunnerRhodaMay 30, 2014 at 7:57 AM

Buying a house is a huge thing and way more exciting than a new car lol!

12. CheapRunnerRhodaMay 30, 2014 at 7:57 AM