Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Running Inspiration

Posted by CheapRunnerRhoda

Congrats to the 2 CRM's for doing the Du. Once again I had Race Envy but it was so great to be able to be there and see them race!

I have been digging my heals in a little lately and procrastinating doing some if my long runs. I am comfortable with distances I have done before but with training for my first full marathon I am getting into distances I have never done before. It's difficult and I realize it is more a battle of the mind. I turned to google for some inspiration and here are a couple things that have helped me refocus.

image
image[1]

Each time I have completed a new long distance for myself I think "wow, I did that and I didn't hate it".

image[2]

I recently placed an order with Gymdoll.

image[3]

This is what I have to remind myself. I want to do this and I will so I have to "suck it up" and go for it.

Running is truly a joy for me and I feel so great when I am out there running so I will keep remembering how I feel when I am done as I add on the kilometres.

image[4]

Who loves Long Runs??

What is the longest distance you have ever run?

13 comments:

1. Go girl! I love the gymdoll top!

ReplyDelete
  2. I do!! 42 miles is my longest to date but that will change this fall.

3. CheapRunnerRhodaJuly 24, 2013 at 3:41 PM

4. CheapRunnerRhodaJuly 24, 2013 at 3:41 PM

42 mikes??? Wow! That is cray cray!! Good for you

ReplyDelete
  5. Love love love Gymdoll! I have the skull with the cross bones (that are weight bars) tank top and I love it, so comfy!

Longest I have ever run is 26.8 something miles. It was during a marathon but due to shitty tangent running and so many people I ran long...errr that sucked! :)

6. CheapRunnerRhodaJuly 24, 2013 at 4:37 PM

Wow, hats off to you girl! I can't wait until I can say I ran that long! I also have that tank top. So cute!

ReplyDelete
  7. I love my long runs...furthest so far is a little over 32K, about 20 miles.

I do not own any Gymdoll, nor will I ever...

8. Emma Cross MoyerJuly 24, 2013 at 6:23 PM

I'm with you on dreading the long runs but you sound like you have a great attitude developing!!
    Emma@ a mom runs this town . com

9. CheapRunnerRhodaJuly 24, 2013 at 7:39 PM

You are a machine though! I am sure you could borrow M's if you wanted to

10. CheapRunnerRhodaJuly 24, 2013 at 7:40 PM

Thanks Emma!

ReplyDelete
  11. 26.2 is my longest! I enjoyed the long training runs since I usually ran them with friends. Congrats on your training. I will have to check out Gymdoll.

12. CheapRunnerRhodaJuly 25, 2013 at 5:47 AM

Thanks Teresa! I think I will enjoy them more in the cooler weather.

ReplyDelete
  13. Your new tank is adorable!
    I love long runs as long as I'm mentally prepared for it. The longest distance for me is 13.25 only because a race course as off a bit.