While the 3CheapRunners are mowing down Margaritas on a Dominican beach, we have asked a few of our blogging buddies to handle our posts for us. Today we have Jacqueline from Skinny Chick Blog taking over…Thanks J!
Hello 3CR readers! My name is Jacqueline and I blog at Skinny Chick Blog. Well, I wouldn’t be calling it blogging, Bob.
If you can tell me which movie I’m referencing we should be BFF’s.
Anyway onto cooler things like running! As much as I love running, sometimes it’s tough to get out the door. I thought it would be fun to share a couple ways I use to motivate myself to hit up the trail when staying in my warm cozy bed sounds much more appealing.
- Coffee + cupcakes. Michelle, I know this is partly your blog but you are not allowed to disagree with me on the coffee part. Mmmmkay. But really who doesn’t love to eat? Go for that run so you can chow down guilt free. Or at the very least justify that cupcake splurge.
- Sleep better. There’s something about climbing into bed feeling heavy & exhausted from a great physically active day. I tend to sleep much better and wake up happier after a long run. Plus I get really excited to go to bed because I get coffee when I wake up.
- Me time. You can think something through, zone out, let your mind wander, sing along with Miley. Or not. All I ask is that you keep your clothes on. Running brings mental clarity which leaves you feeling a little less stressed than when you started. Boom!
- Sign up for a race. If you’re lacking motivation, taking up running for the first time, coming back, or whatever the case, signing up for a race, even a 5K, will give you a reason to lace up your kicks on a regular basis. Just think of that feeling of accomplishment after crossing that finish line.
- You can do it anywhere. Yep, another cool thing about running is it can be done practically anywhere, at any time, for as long as you’d like. That also alleviates the excuses department. ;)
- It’s inexpensive. All you really need is a great pair of kicks fitted from a running store and a sweat wicking clothing. Of course you can get all high tech with a Garmin and other uber cool running gear, but you really don’t need it. Just freaking run.
Share your reasons to run today!
How do you motivate yourself to run or workout when you just aren't feeling it?